RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/03/2018 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONCzech Republic › Prague
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/03/2018
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER765441
We invite applications for a three-year Early Stage Researcher (Ph.D. student) position being part of the Marie Sklodowska Curie Initial Training Network transMed. The young researcher will be involved in a transMed project focused on development of novel devices and drug delivery systems in ophthalmological applications. The research position is focused on the development of novel drug delivery systems by cutting-edge electrospinning technologies. The position will be focused on development of novel drug delivery systems, characterization of particle properties, testing and modelling of pharmacological conditions, writing of publications, patents and product development including regulatory requirement.
The position is connected with enrolment in a PhD program at the Technical University in Liberec (top university in the field of electrospinning and nanotechnology).
transMed integrates partners across fields, sectors and countries. The PhD training program under transMed delivers training opportunities with top universities in the field and practical training courses delivering knowledge transfer from all project partners.
The work will be focused on practical training and research activities focused on gaining of maximal knowledge transfer and successful completion of PhD studies.
Specific research activities will be focused on the development of novel – long-term releasing system used for delivery of small molecules with effect in restoration of retinal function. The topic addresses socially important issue with the potential to treat retinal degeneration.
The activities during the enrolment will be specifically focused on:
- Development of particles by cutting-edge electrospraying and electrospinning technology – the thesis will be focused on utilization of core/shell, emulsion, microfluidic and needleless technologies to produce drug releasing systems.
- Particle characterization – the particles will be evaluated depending on exact experimental setting and the successful candidate will have access to multiple methods. The basic evaluation is focused on evaluation of particle morphology (i.e. scanning electron microscopy), chemical composition (fluorescence spectroscopy, UV Vis spectroscopy, infrared spectroscopy), release properties (drug release evaluation and quantification, barrier models, modelling of eye release, release modelling), biochemical methods (i.e. interaction with proteins).
- Testing in vitro and in vivo – will be performed by other consortium members. Developed systems will be sent to partner. The successful candidate will perform short term secondments at these partners in order to gain knowledge and learn new methods for particle testing.
- Development of novel electrospraying/electrospinning methods – the successful candidate will be in day-to-day contact with engineers developing novel systems for particle formation, collection and modification. He/she will have the possibility to learn and perform 3D modelling, construction (3D printing, CNC milling, drilling and other manufacturing methods), PLC programming and pilot testing of new devices. The background of InoCure delivers the possibility to realize new ideas both in nanotechnological and equipment development way.
- Soft skills transfer – the successful candidate will be enrolled in research and development activities. The research skills will include preparation of research papers, newsletters, grant proposals, patents and presentations. The development and business skill will include development of business materials, management of applied projects, communication with certification agencies, development of standard operation protocols and quality testing.
- Training – enrolment in the transMed PhD program facilitates access to courses and secondments which deliver new knowledge, strengthens bonds between all PhD students and experienced researchers involved in the project.
Beside these activities we highly encourage initiative for new ideas and directions of both research and development.
- Highly competitive salary based on Marie Sklodowska Curie Initial Training Network provisions.
- Funds to participate in training activities of the transMed network.
- Funds for presence on international conferences.
The successful candidate should have finished a master degree or an equivalent degree. In addition, due to project requirements he or she:
- shall not have worked/studied in the Czech republic longer than 12 months in the past 3 years
- shall be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of his/her research career
- shall have a degree allowing him/her to start a PhD thesis in the Czech republic (master degree or equivalent)
- shall not have been awarded a doctoral degree
Please send your CV and a letter of intent to Matej Buzgo at email@example.com
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
We are searching for an Early Stage Researcher / PhD student who is interested and should have some experience in material science, chemistry, nanotechnology and/or pharmacology.
The candidate should be communicative, innovative and passionate about development of novel tools and systems for medical and life-science. Our team is dynamic and combines knowledge across engineering, nanotechnology, material engineering, biology and medicine. The candidate should feel comfortable in rapidly evolving projects and in searching new and innovative solutions for problems.
- Experience with chemistry, nanotechnology, material science and/or pharmacology.
- Researcher is not afraid of working with high voltage and volatile solvents
- Experience with colloidal chemistry, electrostatics and polymer chemistry is big advantage
Other languages (except English): Optional Czech or Slovak
EURAXESS offer ID: 260577
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.