The website www. euraxess.hr seeks to ensure that its services are accessible to persons with disabilities. Substantial funds have been invested to simplify the use of the site in order to make it more accessible to persons with disabilities, in the firm belief that every person has the right to a dignified, equal, comfortable and independent life.
The Agency for Mobility and EU Programmes (AMEUP) recognises the importance of ensuring digital accessibility for all users, with particular emphasis on easier access to public services and information for persons with disabilities, applying, as far as possible, Directive (EU) 2016/2102 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 October 2016 on the accessibility of the websites and mobile applications of public sector bodies.
The AMEUP continuously improves user experience by applying relevant accessibility standards according to the Web Content Accessibility Guidance and Standardisation (WCAG 2.1) of the World Wide Web Consortium's (W3C) Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), an organisation that addresses network technologies standardisation.
As a public sector body, the Agency for Mobility and EU Programmes (AMEUP) aims to make its website www. euraxess.hr accessible in accordance with the Act on the Accessibility of Websites and Programming Solutions for Mobile Devices of Public Sector Bodies of the Republic of Croatia (OG17/19) of 23 September 2019 transposing Directive (EU) 2016/2102 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the accessibility of the websites and mobile applications of public sector bodies.
Degree of compliance
The website www.euraxess.hr complies with the Act on the Accessibility of Websites and Programming Solutions for Mobile Devices of Public Sector Bodies. Most of the requirements of the European standard EN 301 549 V1.1.2 (2015-04) have been fulfilled, with some exceptions.
Accessibility of the website www.euraxess.hr
- The web page was performed in a responsive manner (content representation is customized to the screen resolution)
- There is a link to skip navigation and quickly switch to main content at the beginning of the page for mouse-free navigation (Switch to Master Content)
- The pages have hierarchically structured content (H1>H2>H3 etc.)
- Most of the links have “title” tag
- Most of the pictures have “alt” tag
- Google maps is used to display an interactive folder. Iframe method is used to display such folders, which shows the content of the maps.google.com page on the mentioned web page that does not have the same level of accessibility customization.
- The page does not have the Accessibility menu with page view customization options
- For mouse-free navigation, the focus elements are specially visually marked
- The search format in the master navigation bar is not available when using the keyboard/screen reader
- Individual PDF files created by scanning printed documents
- In accordance with Article 3 of the Act on the Accessibility of Websites and Programming Solutions for Mobile Devices of Public Sector Bodies, PDF files published before 23 September 2018 AMEUP qualifies as archive and exempts from the compliance with the Act.
Increasing the level of accessibility
The AMEUP will implement corrective actions to address the problem of inaccessible content of its website to the maximum possible extent and continue to apply the relevant website accessibility standards in line with the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) recommendations.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This Statement was prepared on 27 September 2022, in accordance with the model accessibility statement in accordance with Directive (EU) 2016/2102 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the accessibility of websites and mobile applications of public sector bodies, established by Commission Implementing Decision 2018/1523 on 11 October 2018.
For the preparation of this Statement the following self-assessment method and the accessibility testing method were used: 'axe DevTools – Web Accessibility Testing' and 'WAVE® Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool'.