A new call is launched to access the Nanobiotechnology Laboratory, which is designed to foster interdisciplinary studies, at the Joint Research Centre (JRC) of the European Commission in Ispra. The call is open until January 8, 2021.
The access is facilitated by the JRC, who is waiving the access costs and providing travel and subsistence to users visiting the JRC from institutions from countries eligible for the Spreading Excellence and Widening Participation Action.
Related to interdisciplinary studies fostered in the Nanobiotechnology Laboratory, a special emphasis lies on the characterisation of nanomaterials, micro(nano)plastics, nanomedicines, advanced materials and their interactions with biological systems, as well as on the detection, identification and characterisation of nanomaterials in food and consumer products.
Priority topics of the call are:
- Nanomaterial characterisation including their interactions with biological systems (culture media, proteins, etc.)
- Detection of nanomaterials and nano(micro)plastics in complex matrices
- Surface chemical analysis of macro and nanomaterials. Surface modification and nano-fabrication
- Biomolecular interaction studies, characterisation of antibodies and antigens, bio-interfaces characterisation
- Advanced material characterisation for non-bio-applications (energy, transport, circular economy, environment etc.)