The Sparkle Fellowship programme, co-funded by the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions programme and Science Foundation Ireland (SFI), is an innovative intersectoral, career development and mobility. It is open to experienced researchers of any nationality, seeking a prestigious career in the field of photonics research and innovation.
Sparkle will provide Fellows with:
• An advanced training programme in a cutting-edge research environment.
• An expanded set of translational skills, including prototype development and fabrication, commercialisation, communication and dissemination, leadership, project and time management, detailed in your personal career development plan.
• Enhanced innovative and entrepreneurial awareness skills through training on subjects such as market awareness, technology transfer, entrepreneurship, and industry engagement.
• A career-oriented 6-month industry secondment placement with either a global technology leader or rapidly growing SME.
• Participation in IPIC’s comprehensive and diverse Education and Public Engagement (EPE) programme, to develop and apply dissemination skills with different audiences from students to the general public.
Sparkle has one open call that runs continuously from December 2019 to the end of March 2022. In this period there are 2 application cut-off dates remaining; January 3rd and March 31st 2022. At these cut-off dates, received applications in the period since the previous cut-off date will be reviewed.
If you are considering a career in either academia or industry this could be a great next step for you! Please don’t hesitate to contact Sparkle at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you are interested in the programme and would like to find out more.